Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Milk brand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Milk brand

    does the brand of milk make a differnece to you?
    I just bought Mayfiled for the first time and think it is great. Better than the off brand I've bought
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    Payless brand skim milk. Milk is milk.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    [ QUOTE ]
    Payless brand skim milk. Milk is milk.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I agree milk, is pretty much milk, but skim milk is not milk at all. It is some horrible by product gone wrong like tofu! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Now, Mayfield does great with their milk, and there is some differences, but I wonder if it isn't in the packaging/processing of it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    I know what ya talking about. Mayfield does seem to taste better, I noticed this years ago. I used to drink PET brand milk and when I tasted Mayfield for the first time, there was a world of difference. Why I don't know.
    crack is whack

  5. #5
    Inactive Member N2SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2002
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    I don't mind what the brand is as long as it is skim milk.

    I'll always want a little more than I already have.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mm38nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    mostly fat free
    [img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/bostonkisses/snapshot.jpg[/img]


    [url="http://www.thepinksquirrel.com"]http://www.thepinksquirrel.com[/url]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    I have never bought brand-name milk, because it's all the same cows & same processing.

    Mayfield is the exception to the rule I believe, but it's still not good enough for me to pay that price.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Milk brand

    The CHEAPEST SKIM MILK, and as a rule if you look at the milk section in a store and see which BRAND NAME has the biggest spread, then that company usually bottles the stores private label.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    Bingo, sage. I work for Flav-O-Rich and they sell Food City their private label milk. You'll pay close to $4 for a gallon of Flav-O-Rich or name brand milk, then next to it is the exact same milk with just a different label that Flav-O-Rich produces. I've seen big rolls of stickers you can just stick one over the other and there's no difference.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milk brand

    You could probably be fired for saying that... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •